Welcome to SmartDVB (current release 0.3.5)
0.3.5 Release now available.
0.3.0 Release now available at download section
SmartDVB is an unpretentious digital-tv watch application for satellite,
terrestrial or cable TV cards. Emphasis has been put on overall speed and user
experience on the desktop concerning DVB operations like scanning and channel
viewing. It also allows for HTPC/PVR functionality through SmartOSD and legacy video renderer OSD. New OSD includes Options menu
for quick PVR like access, better integrated EPG, Teletext, graphical timeshift,
program data, zoom, custom graphics station list and also logo support. If you're looking for a solid
allround DVB experience using the
current renderer technologies like EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer), try it out! If
you have any problems or queries feel free to contact the author through the
forum or e-mail.
Please use email
smartdvb (at smartdvb.net domain) for support (old jackjavo hotmail account is no longer valid).
Main Features (current
- Easy to use and user friendly interface .
- PIP (Picture in Picture) support.
- Low footprint, fast operation with fast channel changing.
Supports integrated logos (station list, Electronic program guide)
- Supports Skystar 2 WDM and BDA-S/T/C and ATSC devices.
Includes a BlindScanner (as of 0.2.5 RC1) which also scans for channels (your
blindscan card must be supported by the crazycat streamreader.dll blindscan
- Supports MIS/PLS (limited TBS support with bda.dev module or needs to be supported by the crazycat streamreader.dll to allow MIS/PLS frequencies blindscan).
- Supports SkyWalker devices used
in North America for turbo-fec modulations.
american support includes Digicipher II modulations (with bda genpix module)
- Supports diseqc (depending on DVB
Supe used) including motor support.
to be used like PVR (personal video recorder) with new SmartOSD
SmartOSD which allow for remote usage or quick clickable access.
Graphical timeshift (SmartOSD) which
Graphical (SmartOSD) Options menu for easy acccess of basic PVR functionality
(Audio track, Aspect ratio, subtitles, epg, teletext etc)
SmartOSD integrated Teletext (clickable & remote)
zoom functionality available through SmartOSD (also remote)
to select specific device per frequency list/satellite to possibly use a
different device per satellite/frequency list (also dvb-t/c etc).
version 0.3.0+ no administration execution is required (if application data is
installed at the local application data folder).
graphical station list with logo support
ability to play external media files.
ability to re-play DVB transport files which also allows for epg/teletext to be
viewed from the recorded/saved transport stream file.
- OSD (on-screen-display) which
can also be used as a basic HTPC/PVR setup through remote.
- DiSeqC support includes using
cascaded switches setups (diseqc 1.1)
- H264 and S2 support (through bda driver) so you can enjoy full HD channels.
- Audio Support includes AC3, AAC with easy track selection.
- You can create scheduled record tasks for your favorite tv programs .
- Supports teletext and multi audio channel, including teletext subtitles.
- Supports MD-API plugins.
- Supports MPEG
PS and Transport Stream record formats .
- Mpeg PS
records support radio, AC3, HD (H.264)
Multiple same mux/frequency recordings (up to 64 concurrent records) with
integrated progress window, including scheduler support which allows scheduling of multiple same mux/frequency program at the same time.
- Supports Windows XP® ,Windows Vista®, Windows 7® and Windows 8® operating systems.
- Includes integrated EPG (Electronic Program Guide)
with logo/content support
- EPG Search dialog which allows for extensive, filter based, epg data searching.
- Supports timeshifting also for
- Supports winlirc remotes and native remotes (depending on DVB device used)
- Supports basic CI (Common interface)
- Optimized EVR (Enhanced
Video Renderer) support
- Favorite channel list so you can arrange your
stations like you want, including drag/drop support to arrange the favorites how you require.
- Custom station lists allow you to create other lists besides favorites you might require, includes drag/drop support.
- Remote channel list so you can arrange your
stations for customized use with your remote
- Snapshots so you can make an image in BMP format of the current channel
- UDP streaming to other pc's
using a UDP capable viewer like VLC.
- Allows you to use multiple
monitors with the fullscreen/application mode.
- Customizable for usage in North
America (scanner and epg parser)
- Customizable input settings for
keyboard or remotes.
- DVB subtitles.
AddOns allows for custom SmartDVB applications.
(C) 2007-2013 by SmartWARE, all rights reserved.